Thinking of Selling?
I’m not just a real estate professional. I’m a full service provider. I bring a wide range of services that are available to help you sell your home. From providing access to contractors, handy men, landscape professionals,stagers, photographers...to marketing recommendations....all the details to give your home the best impression - with the goal of selling as quickly as possible with the least amount of inconvenience to you.
How much can you sell your home for ?
Given the competiveness of the real estate market, how you price your home is key so that it is viewed by the right purchasing group. Overpricing your home may result in no sale or an extended period on the market. Under pricing means you have left money on the table. I will prepare a comparative market analysis (CMA) which will show you the range of prices being paid for similar homes in your areas. We’ll review the houses that have recently sold, the homes similar to yours that are active in the market, and similar homes which have expired or terminated. From there we can make an informed decision as to the most competitive price for your home, which will attract qualified buyers. I’ll work with you through the entire process to sell your home for the highest possible price and in the shortest period of time.
Tips for Preparing your Home for Sale
Before your home is shown to prospective buyers we’ll do a thorough check to determine what needs to be done to get your home ready for sale. There are a few minor touches that don’t take much money or time but can do wonders to enhance the value in your home. Consider some of the suggestions below:
- Yard cleanup and minor landscaping – including lawn mowing, weeding and trimming hedges
- Add color to your yard by planting flowers in the garden and hanging pots and plants around your home
- Ensure all toys, garbage, recycling and outdoor tools are put away so that the front exterior is clean and uncluttered
- De-clutter your home. Donate, sell, or recycle anything you don't need, haven't been using, or you don't plan to take with you when you move. Rent a storage locker to store items that “you simply can’t part with”, but may not be enhancing the look of your home.
- A professional staging company can make your home look like a “display” home.
- For every open house or showing make sure your home is clean, and free of garbage, and junk.
- Eliminate personal items – in the bedroom and bathroom. Make these rooms look like a hotel.
- Your home should be as bright as possible. Make sure all light bulbs are working and on in every room. Open blinds and curtains.
- Make sure your home smells clean and fresh, and free of odours.
Keep in mind there are costs associated with selling your home. These include:
- Legal/notary fees for the execution of documents and costs associated with the completion of the sale ($500 to $1500)
- Real Estate commissions as agreed to with your realtor, plus 12% HST.
- Any prepayment penalties with the mortgator if applicable.
- Moving expenses
Ready, Set, Sell...
With over 20 years of marketing and sales experience I know how to market your home and negotiate the best price for you.
My approach to success is focused on the right marketing to sell your home. Who is looking for a home just like yours? Once we've established who the ideal buyer is, I will develop a plan to reach those prospective purchasers. I will create a snapshot of the features of your home, and its neighborhood. I will identify your home’s unique selling points and create the perfect marketing pieces to ensure that prospective buyers are excited about your home, and have all the information they need to make an informed decision.
80% of all real estate sales happen online first. I have access to the latest technology in online advertising and social media to expand and increase the awareness of your property, allowing for access to information about your home 24 hours a day. I will respond immediately and directly to each and every prospective buyer. Your home will also be displayed on my website, for prospective buyers to view your listing. Once your home is listed, it will be placed on the Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board’s MLS® System allowing all the realtors immediate online access to your property details. Through my personal home search your listing will be sent to every prospective Vancouver buyer in my database if your home meets their personal criteria. I will continue to email your listing to prospective buyers for as long as your home is on the market.
If you're thinking of selling your home please fill out the form below to request your home's current market value and a suggested listing price. The answers to your home-selling questions are just a click away! I'll contact you as soon as I have the results.